Books I've read and that I recommend.
- Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs ("SICP"), Harold Abelson and Gerald Jay Sussman with Julie Sussman
- Practical Common Lisp, Peter Seibel
- Common Lisp, the Language, 2nd Edition, Guy L. Steele Jr.
Object Oriented Programming
- Refactoring, Martin Fowler
- C2 Wiki (this is not a book, but a wiki with lots of discussions on programming and OO topics)
- Hackers and Painters, Paul Graham
- Programming Pearls, Jon Bentley
- The Mythical Man-Month, Frederick P. Brooks, Jr.